You are here: AU  Staff  International Academic Staff (IAS) On arrival Registration What to bring when registering?

What to bring when registering?

Various documents are required to get registered with the public authorities in Denmark. It depends on your nationality which documents and certificates you need to bring.

Please fill out your documents in advance

Below, you will find important information regarding which documents to bring for registration. In order to ensure a smooth registration process, please have all documents and forms filled out beforehand.

Certificates and documents must be in English, German or Scandinavian languages

Please notice that only certificates and documents in English/German/Scandinavian languages are accepted. Certificates and documents in other languages must be translated into a confirmed translation into English/German/Scandinavian languages by an authorised entity. Please note that certificates from some countries need to be apostille certified.

Nordic citizens

Nordic citizens who stay in Denmark for more than six months need to register with the Danish National Register. All accmompanying family members including children must register in person.

See what to bring to get registered as a Nordic citizen

EU/EEA citizens

EU/EEA citizens can reside freely in Denmark for up to three months without registering with the public authorities. If you seek employment, you can stay for up to six months.

If you expect to stay for longer than the three or six-month limit, you must apply in person to the Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration (SIRI) as soon as possible for an EU residence document (registration certificate).

All accompanying family members including children must register in person. 

See what to bring to register as an EU/EEA citizen

Non-EU/EEA citizens

Non EU/EEA citizens need a residence and work permit to reside and work in Denmark. Once you have a residence and work permit, you can register for your CPR number, health insurance card and tax card.

All accompanying family members including children must register in person.

See what to bring to register as a non-EU/EEA citizen

5685 / i43